Tuesday 30 July 2013

Belfast start for Rhonda's marathon journey

Rhonda Fitzpatrick is kicking off her marathon tour to raise funds for Carers in Belfast on 22nd September. Here, Rhonda talks to us about how running helped in her caring role and her marathon effort to raise money for carers across the UK. Please show your support.

Rhonda"I have worked for Carers Scotland for 7 years and I know what a difficult job unpaid carers have, often with little acknowledgement. I was a carer myself in the past so I know how demanding it can be - any one of us can become a carer overnight and it can be a life changing experience.

I have always enjoyed running and have even found that it helped me in my caring role. When I could fit in a run, it gave me time just to be myself and to enjoy the company of friends who have always been very supportive. I would come home invigorated and ready to start caring again.

The person I cared for is so much better now and I am able to enjoy running more often and also to give something to carers who are not so lucky. I plan to fundraise for Carers UK by running a half marathon in every city that Carers UK has an office. The first one is Belfast on 22 September, followed by Cardiff on 6 October and Manchester on 20 October. I've never been to Belfast before so I'm quite excited about my visit.

I hope you will consider visiting my Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Rhonda-Fitzpatrick1 and making a donation, no matter how small. Also, if you happen to be in Belfast on 22 September and get the chance, please shout a few words of support to me. I think I might need it!

Thank you!

View full article

 

(unsubscribe from this feed)

No comments:

Post a Comment